Simple screenshot sharing for Mac
GrabBox is a utility that reacts to the screenshots you take. It automatically copies the screenshots to your Dropbox Public folder, and then copies the URL to the clipboard – ready to share with friends or strangers!
Just start GrabBox and then take a screenshot like usual (Shift-Command-3 or Shift-Command-4 and select). GrabBox takes care of the rest!
How is GrabBox different from similar tools?
- Free hosting (via Dropbox) with no ads.
- Automatic short URLs, for convenient tweeting (optional).
- Full control over which screenshots get uploaded.
- Ability to specify a screenshot file-name or to let GrabBox generate one automatically.
- Choose between a Dock icon or a discreet menubar item.
All GrabBox requires is Dropbox (free!) installed on your computer. So, what are you waiting for?
* E-mail is optional – if you choose to enter it, you will be subscribed to our very low-volume newsletter – it will never be used for sinister purposes.
Full disclosure: The links to Dropbox above are referral links. If you use them to create an account, you and the developer of GrabBox get an extra 250 MB of storage space each.
Compatibility: GrabBox is compatible with Intel-based Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), and 10.8 (Mountain Lion). Some problems exist with Growl notifications on 10.8 (Mountain Lion).